Rashers of bacon
Clove of garlic
1 or 2 carrots
Stick of celery
Courgette or a leaf or two of green cabbage
450 g tin of finely chopped tomatoes
bouquet garni sachets [herbs]
2 ounces of rice
salt and pepper
- In a large pan put a few spoons of olive oil .
- Chop uo 6 or 7 rashers of lean bacon and a clove of garlic and an onion.
- Gently fry in the oil until softened.
- Add a finely chopped carrot or two and a stick of celery, a courgette or some green cabbage, all finely chopped
- Gently saute for a few minutes.
- Add a tin of finely chopped tomatoes and then a litre of stock (namely 500 ml of ham stock and another 500 ml of vegetable stock).
- Into this mixture add a couple of sachets of bouquet garni, 2 ounces of rice and a little chopped up spaghetti or any suitable pasta.
- Salt and pepper - not too much and add water as required
- Simmer gently until everything is cooked and serve with some garlic bread, garished with fresh basil.