Greek lamb dish with tomato and pasta
Preparation: 50 minutes
Oven time: 30 minutes
400 g leg of lamb without bone
4 cloves of garlic
2 green peppers
2 spoonfuls of olive oil
1 spoonful of dried oregano
1 ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
2 teaspoons of ginger powder
200 ml dry white wine
1 can (800 g) skinned tomatoes
freshly ground epper
300 g penne or macaroni
125 ml crème fraîche
100 g grated old Gouda cheese
* Cube the meat. Peal and shred the onions and the garlic. Wash and halve the peppers, remove the core and cube the rest of the fruit.
* Heat the oil in a wok or casserole and stirfry the meat, onion and garlic shreds and the pieces of peppers for about 5 minutes. Add all the herbs and stir in the wine and skinned tomatoes, with juice. Bring it all to the boil and allow to simmer gently for about 30 minutes until the juice has thickened to the consistency of a sauce. Spice the meat generously with salt and pepper.
* Boil the pasta in plenty of water with salt, according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Strain the pasta and stir it through the meat mixture. Spoon everything into a shallow ovendish.
* Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F.
* Beat the eggs with the crème fraîche into a smooth mixture and stir in the cheese. Pour this mixture over the meat and pasta mixture.
* Bake the dish in the centre of the oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown and done. In a fan assisted oven, bake at 200 C for 15 minutes
* Nice with a tomato salad.